The law applies to unincorporated Marin, home to about 70,000 of the county's 260,000 residents. In addition to electromagnetic health risks, the board cited concerns about meters being used to collect information about residents' activities, impacts on aesthetics and potential damage to amateur radio networks.
Similar Blog & News Articles
- Calif. County Criminalizes Smart-Meter Installations :: NYT > Environment
- No More Smart Meters: Marin County Supes :: msnbc.com: NBCBayArea.com
- Two West Marin women arrested in blockade of SmartMeter trucks :: San Jose Mercury News Most Emailed
- Smart Meter Protest "Caught" On Tape Earth2Tech :: GigaOM Network
- Women arrested in Marin blockade of SmartMeter trucks :: News